- Certain words as used in these Terms shall have the following meanings:
A.” You”, “Your”, and “User” mean any and all individuals and entities accessing this Website for any purpose.
- “Website” refers to www.isoo.org and any other ISOO related website.
- “Website Content” is considered to be any and all material, documents, articles, text, art, photographs, slides, graphics, files, logos, depictions, images, pictures, audio clips, software, code, and any other content either placed or maintained by ISOO, or permitted by ISOO to be placed on or maintained on the Website.
- “Member” means an individual who has applied for Membership in ISOO in a particular membership category, and has been duly accepted as a Member in that category.
- Only a Member can create and maintain a User account (“User Account”). If You create a User Account, You are responsible for the safety and security of Your own Website registration and Your corresponding user name, password, and other identifying credentials (your “Registration”). You agree that You will not let anyone other than You use your User Account or your Registration. You further agree to immediately notify ISOO of any theft, compromise, or unauthorized use of your User Account or Registration by an email to Sandra Daily at the address below.
- A. You understand and agree that You will not use this Website in order to transmit, distribute, store, compromise, or destroy material, including without limitation Website Content. You also agree to not use the Website in any manner that is (a) in violation of any applicable law or regulation, (b) will infringe the copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property rights of third parties or violate their privacy, publicity or other personal or property rights, or (c) is or could be deemed to be defamatory, obscene, threatening, abusive or hateful.
- You also understand and agree that You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the operation or security of this Website, including, without limitation, (a) attempting to change, modify, add to, remove, “hack”, or otherwise interfere with the Website or the Website Content, or (b) access or otherwise use the Website in any way that could or is intended to, damage, compromise, or impair the Website, or any server or network used by the Website or interfere with the use by any other User of the Website.
- ISOO is the owner of several types of intellectual property contained and used in connection with the Website. These include:
- Copyrights: All of the Website Content is the property of ISOO, our Members, or other permitted content providers, and is protected by US and international copyright laws. Except as permitted in Paragraph 5 below, any other use, reuse, publication, republication, performance or distribution of the Website Content for any purpose, including any modification, transmission, or other presentation, or the production of any derivative works is prohibited without the prior written consent of ISOO. Any User who is permitted to post Website Content on the Website, warrants and represents that he or she is the owner of the copyright and/or other rights in and to the material to sought be posted, and that the posting of same will not infringe or conflict with any ownership rights or claims by or on behalf of any other person or entity. ISOO respects the ownership rights of other authors and copyright holders in their works. Any person or entity who believes that its copyright-protected work was posted on the Website without authorization, may submit a copyright infringement notification to ISOO. These requests should only be submitted by the copyright owner or an agent authorized to act on the owner’s behalf. The request should be submitted to the address below.
- Trademarks: All trademarks, trade names logos, brand names and service marks of ISOO, whether registered, unregistered, or common law (the “Mark” or “Marks”) are the property of ISOO and are protected by the US and international trademark laws. These trademarks include the name “International Society of Ocular Oncology” and its abbreviation “ISOO”. Any use of these Marks is prohibited without the express prior written consent of ISOO. All other trademarks, trade names, brand names or logos appearing on this Website are the property of their respective owners. Any User posting any article, photograph, slide, or other document on the Website must include any and all copyright, trademark, service mark, and other proprietary notices that were originally included with same and must identify its owner.
- ISOO, subject to Paragraph 4 above, may upon request, and in its sole discretion, grant You permission to download an article, photograph, slide, or other specific portion of the Website Content for the sole purpose of Your exclusive, personal, and noncommercial use. You must retain any and all copyright, trademark, service mark, and other proprietary notices that were included with the original content, and which identify its owner. In addition, because any such permission may be dependent upon you and/or ISOO obtaining the additional permission of another copyright owner who may claim rights in the requested Website Content, the granting of such permission cannot be assured in all cases. Absent such permission, the reuse, distribution, or republication of the Website Content, or the creation of a link to any page of the Website on any other website, for any purpose without the express written permission of ISOO is prohibited.
- A. ALL OF THE WEBSITE CONTENT, INCLUDING ALL TEXT, GRAPHICS, PHOTOGRAPHS, SLIDES, THIRD PARTY LINKS, COOKIES OR OTHER MATERIAL, ISPROVIDED ON AN “AS IS, AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. IN NO EVENT WILL ISOO OR ANY OF ITS OFFICERS, MEMBERS, DIRECTORS EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OR AFFILIATES BE LIABLE DIRECLY OR INDIRECTLY TO ANYONE FOR ANY CLAIM, LOSS, OR DAMAGE ALLEGED TO HAVE ARISEN FROM ANY USE OR CONTINUED USE OF, OR RELIANCE UPON, THE WEBSITE CONTENT OR ANY LINKED THIRD-PARTY SITE.
- YOU FURTHER AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND, AND HOLD HARMLESS ISOO, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIMS, ACTIONS OR DEMANDS, LIABILITIES, AND SETTLEMENTS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, REASONABLE ATTORNEY FEES RESULTING FROM, OR ALLEGED TO RESULT FROM, YOUR VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS OR ANY ACTIVITY RELATED TO YOUR ACCOUNT (INCLUDING INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES’ INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OR NEGLIGENT OR WRONGFUL CONDUCT) BY YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON ACCESSING ISOO WEBSITE USING YOUR ACCOUNT WITH OR WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION.
- ALL WARRANTIES EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR WARRANTIES ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING OR TRADE USAGE, AS WELL AS ANY WARRANTIES CONCERNING TITLE OR OWNERSHIP, NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR FREEDOM FROM COMPUTER VIRUSES OR OTHER TYPES OF MALWARE ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED.
- THIS WEBSITE IS INTENDED TO BE USED FOR EDUCATIONAL, NETWORKING, AND INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY BY ISOO MEMBERS AND OCULAR ONCOLOGY PROFESSIONALS ONLY. IT IS NOT INTENDED TO DIAGNOSE OR TREAT ANY ILLNESS, DISEASE, OR MEDICAL CONDITION. THE APPEARANCE OR INCLUSION OF ANY SERVICE, DEVICE, METHODOLOGY, OR WRITING SHALL NOT BE DEEMED TO BE AN ENDORSEMENT OR RECOMMENDATION BY ISOO OF THAT SERVICE, DEVICE, METHODOLOGY, OR WRITING.
- This Website may contain links to web sites owned or operated by third parties not related to or associated with ISOO. These links are provided solely as a convenience to You and are not to be considered by You as an endorsement or recommendation by ISOO of the content on such third-party Websites. You agree that Your use of the sites connected to these links is at Your own risk, and that ISOO is not responsible for the safety, suitability, or content of such links and makes no representations or warranties regarding the content, appropriateness, suitability, safety, or accuracy of any content on such third-party Websites.
- In addition to any other remedy available to ISOO at law or equity, ISOO reserves the right to immediately and without prior notice, terminate a User’s Website access and any associated User Account(s) or Registration(s), if ISOO believes in its sole discretion, that a User has (a) violated Paragraphs 4, 5, or 6 of these Terms, (b) violated any applicable laws or regulations, or (c) used or attempted to use the Website in a manner that has the potential to defame or to otherwise harm the reputation or the interests of ISOO, its members, partners, affiliates or other Users. ISOO also reserves the right to terminate any User Account(s) and/or Registration(s) together with any User’s access to the Website in its sole discretion without cause or notice. Please note that either of these actions by ISOO may result in the forfeiture and destruction of all information associated with that User.
- A. These Terms shall be construed in accordance with the Laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Venue shall be deemed to be proper in the Courts of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and/or in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, and You and/or any User consents to such jurisdiction and venue.
- Some U.S. export control laws regulate the export of technology originating in the United States to foreign countries and some foreign nationals, which includes the electronic transmission of information and software. You agree to abide by these laws and their regulations, to the extent that they apply to the materials posted or contained in the Website.
- Any failure by ISOO to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms or other legal notices posted on this Website shall not be deemed to be a waiver of such right or provision in the future. A waiver of any of these Terms shall not be deemed to constitute a continuing waiver.
- If any provision of the Terms or of any other legal notices posted on this Website is found to be invalid, the other provisions of the Terms shall remain in full force and effect.
- ISOO may assign its rights and duties under this Agreement to any party and may retain consultants, programmers, or writers at any time without notice. ISOO further reserves the right to cease to maintain or support the Website, to suspend its operation, or to close and terminate the Website, in its sole discretion.
- Any notices or correspondence concerning the Website should be directed by first class mail to:
Sandra Dailey, Executive Assistant
840 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
or to: firstname.lastname@example.org